Well, it's a new year, new adventure! We set off on our annual trek to wisconsin with grandpa Wayne this year helping us do the drive.
Waving hi to Baba and Dave as we pass thru Davis Monday morning!
Nevada always seems like the longest state to drive through. We made it to the western border in pretty good time.
Then made it to the eastern border before dark!
Aside from some impressive 3 yr old tantrums (which I take credit for in starting off with tired kiddos), the boys survived day one reasonably well.
Sorry for the blurry pic here, but I had to share. He looks awful because he had just finished one of the aforementioned tantrums. What for this time you ask? Well, aside from being hungry too late at night from not having eaten his dinner earlier (I mean, who needs to eat when you've got an indoor playground to explore??), he also had chapped lips. He asked for my Chapstick, which unfortunately made his lips sting, and then nothing else worked after that. Tired, hungry, with ouchy lips = bad combo. He was determined that a bandaid would help, and after my logic that a bandaid won't stick to your lips failed, I gave in and gave him the bandaid. Who knew? It actually worked. Hence, the bandaid on his lower lip. Reminded me of a certain aunt Casey who once put a bandaid over her eye after being in the kitchen when mom was cutting onions. I guess bandaids really to make owies feel better.
Then there's Gus. At some point, he decided it was time for lights out. He's under there, I promise.
After a late night getting in to Park City, UT, the boys had no troubles sleeping past their usual 6:30am wake up time. I hated to wake them, but there's no rest for the weary when you're road trippin!






Looking good through day one!
ReplyDelete