Thursday, February 27, 2014

Tumble! Flip! Hop! Jump! Swing!

The boys took a kiddie gymnastics class once a week for the past few months.  Here are a few photos from one of their last days (we had to stop the class to trade in gymnastics for preschool!).

Gus and I were in a class together, which pretty much meant he got to run around and explore all of the various obstacles and equipment while I chased him around.  It was pretty fun.
Gus was a big fan of the various slides hidden around the gym
Arjen had his go at his first ever solo class, where he went off with the teacher by himself with the other kids in his group.  It was always a small struggle getting him to leave me and go with his group at the beginning of class, despite the huge grin he always had at the end of every class.  Hopefully we'll get to go back to gymnastics at some point, as I really think I saw some impressive gross motor development come out of it.  And it was fun!


Working on a backwards spin around the bar!

I was never fast enough with the camera to actually catch him in mid-swing on the parallel bars

Tarzan!

1 comment:

  1. Impressed that you got such good photos during those 45 mins of madness! And where exactly is that red slide you posted at the top of this? Will have to search for that. We miss you guys, last week was a bit more dull for me, even if the kiddos may not have noticed too much. Hope work is going well!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete