Now that we're back home in NorCal, we're trying to take full advantage of being closer to friends and family. That means playdates!!
Fun at the big playground in Golden Gate Park with Aunt Shanny and Aunt Casey
 |
| I was at least able to get him to take his shoes off…shoulda just gone for everything off! At least I was a smart mom this day and packed a change of clothes. He even got comments from other kids about how dirty he was after this adventure. |
 |
| I guess when you're surrounded by construction every day at home, it makes perfect sense to bulldoze with your head. |
 |
| Say cheese! |
 |
| I was very glad Arjen didn't get more adventurous than the bottom level of this crazy contraption. |
 |
| Catching waves |
 |
| And then there are the sweet moments (may I highlight moments) that these two play side by side peacefully. |
 |
| The turtle was more Gus's speed |
 |
| You can't really see it well, but his pants are soaked, and totally covered in sand after playing in that huge puddle. |
Then there was our playdate with my friend Kelley, and her two kids, Ryan and Kaitlyn. It was so great to see them, especially since the last time we saw each other was at her baby shower for Kaitlyn (who's now 16 months old)!! What was even more fun was watching Arjen and uncle Brian play together. Yes, I said uncle Brian, because when you're 3 years old and you have an Uncle Brian
and a Great Uncle Bryan, and it's hard enough to fully pronounce your R's, when mom says your friend's name is Ryan, you hear Brian, and you just roll with it. I'll be the first to admit, when he first called out and said "I did it just like Uncle Brian do it!", I was very confused, because I couldn't remember when Arjen had been at a park, or anywhere, that Uncle Brian or Uncle Bryan might have been climbing on some structure. And then I realized he was calling Ryan, Uncle Brian. And then I had the best laugh I'd had in awhile. So Arjen had a blast chasing Uncle Brian on their bikes, around the playground, and up the tallest play structures they could find. And Gus had a blast toting his lunch box and juice cup all over the place, testing out all of the various perfect picnic spots. And I had a great time catching up with an old friend. All in all, an excellent morning.
 |
| Chasing down Uncle Brian |
 |
| Our cutie pie friends |
 |
| If the big boys can do it, why can't I?? |
And then, as if the confusion between Ryan/Brian wasn't enough, this morning, we had another playdate with my friend Anne-Marie, and her kids Kaitlyn and James. When I told Arjen who was coming over, he said "Kaitlyn? And her brother? The one his name is like Uncle Bwyan?" Oh buddy, you entertain your momma. Of course we were too busy having fun with our guests today, that no one managed to get any photos! Just means we'll have to do it again, and soon!
Thanks everyone for playing with us!
and we loved playing with you guys just as much! Bring on gymnastics!!
ReplyDelete