Friday, November 15, 2013

Halloween Fun

The boys had fun trick-or-treating in our new neighborhood this year.  Both were fairly comfortable walking up to doors and holding out their pumpkin containers.  Arjen definitely wanted to skip the house with the scary guy in the window, and I can't blame him.  Creeped me out too (an upstairs window was visible from the street, and they had someone standing up there wearing a mask, wielding a stick/sword of sorts, and all in a dark room lit only by a UV light.  Definitely wins for creepiest halloween decor!)

The boys started to peter out after 10 or 15 houses, so we came home to pass out candy.  What I didn't expect, was that Arjen got almost more excited to pass out candy than he was to go collect it!  And of course, what Arjen enjoys, well Gus gets right in there and joins him.  Unfortunately, I didn't act fast enough to teach Arjen the laws of supply and demand, and his generosity handing out candy resulted in us running out after about 30 min.  Lesson learned (buy more candy!).

If I get around to taking the pics off of Andrew's phone, I'll add some pumpkin patch pictures up here too.  Just haven't managed to do it yet….
The SuperBoys
And yes, next year we'll plan for more completed costumes too!

No comments:

Post a Comment