I always say Christmas can start the day after thanksgiving. Andrew says it's Dec 1. This year, however, we made an exception. The boys have been learning about the BART train, Arjen is starting to understand the concept of different places having different names ("I miss Irvine", "are we in Pittsburg mama?", "is this Concord?"), and they both are well aware of all the Christmas paraphernalia out in all the stores already. So I decided it was time to take an urban adventure to the "big city" to see a Christmas tree lighting. Even if it is a week before thanksgiving!
Waiting and watching for "the BART train"
They were both super awesome commuters!!
Arjen was very excited to see Santa, but disappointed to discover he wasn't the one handing out candy canes...priorities of a 3 year old...
Only way I was able to get a shot of Gus at the tree lighting!
"Turning on" the tree lights!
Thought we'd try for a pic of the actual tree! (And if you're wondering, it's just a dummy switch, and it was a kid from make-a-wish who got the real honors, but shhh...I won't tell if you don't!!)
At the end of a late night for these boys, this was about as good of a photo op as we were gonna get!
One last stop to see the embarcadero center lights before heading home on the BART train!! Thanks to aunt shanny for coming to join us!!
Awwww! You captured some sweet moments. Love!
ReplyDelete