Saturday, November 2, 2013

Happy 3rd Birthday Arjen!


Hard to believe I've been logging pictures and events on this blog for 3 years now.  Even harder to believe that this tiny peanut...

...is now this kid climbing trees!


It truly is amazing to watch these little bits of yourself continue to grow, and start becoming much bigger pieces of themselves.  Thank goodness we get such a head start on life before kids show up, because I don't think I'd be able to keep up with this guy if I weren't already a few steps ahead!  Arjen, I hope you hear it from us enough, but you are one incredible, compassionate, brilliant boy.  I love every moment watching you grow up, but please don't do it too fast, okay?? 

Some birthday pics:
Even though we had just moved in to our new house two days prior, we had to do a proper birthday celebration.  Nothing fancy, but after a birthday muffin-with-a-candle breakfast (cause mom hadn't quite done real grocery shopping), Arjen got to open his much anticipated new present...
Putting on his new "ding ding" boots

Big love to Dad for the awesome ding ding boots!

strutting his stuff, in the ding ding boots
 Then, for dinner, we bit the bullet and took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese's.  I mean, what's a kids birthday without The Cheese?!?

Gus was loving the games

The boys on a virtual roller coaster ride

I think there were some mixed emotions in the smaller folks here, but overall a fun ride!
 Then, there was the Birthday celebration with the Keane fam/breaking in the new house!:








Some things Arjen remembers about his birthday this year:
"In October!"
"There's presents!"
"And People"
"We play"
"Happy birthday to you Arjen"

Happy 3rd Birthday Arjen!  We love you to the moon and back!


No comments:

Post a Comment