Soon to be 9 months already!
So 8 month update:
Pretty much what you see here, but in live form. This guy is on the move. And curious. And the one kid that will make us actually need child safety locks and gates and whatever other stuff the other two never really challenged us on, or else my memory is really just that bad.
But he is still such a sweetheart! And a ham. And enamored with his brothers…and all of their things. At least my threats to confiscate any legos I find on the floor seems to be working, for the most part. And while this guy is in mobile discovery mode, I'm kinda glad we're living in a single level, small flat at the moment. Much easier to confine him in!
So, he's definitely crawling. Definitely pulling up to stand like it's nobody's business. And in the last few days, maybe past week, he's really started to cruise along the furniture. I've even caught him letting go and standing unsupported for a moment, before plopping back down. He's using some baby signs (I've seen "more", "all done", and I think I might have even seen "milk" one time). He's sleeping in his own room now, and most nights this means he stays asleep until morning, which makes mom very happy. It's even getting easier to put him down for naps or bedtime without having to nurse him to sleep first.
He's an eating champion. Loves to eat. Surprise, surprise. Still hasn't cut a tooth yet though, despite all the drool and chewing/gumming on everything he can get his hands on. He's doing well with soft finger foods. Seems to love sweet potato, even butternut squash, bananas, avocado, black beans, and we just tried cottage cheese which went over okay. He still gets excited at the sight of a pouch, but I'm glad we're able to start providing more "table food" for him now. Makes him feel like more a part of meal time.
So, a few of my faves from our 8 month "photo shoot". Someone please remind me to iron out my backdrop first next time though!






No comments:
Post a Comment