Tuesday, April 8, 2014

March Madness: The month of special guests - The Finale

All good things must come to an end.  I don't know who popularized the phrase, but I guess it's sort of right, or at least applicable here.  

Our last day of fun and touring with Arden, Tracy, and kids, had to happen.  It was such a blast having them here, and getting to play in our own backyard (figuratively speaking), and getting a chance to return the favor of playing host.   So much fun was had, in fact, that this poor little guy was conked out on the couch before we hit the road that day (we're talking 9:30 am peeps.  The dude was tiii-erd!)


Tracy and all the kids and I met up at the Children's Discovery Museum in San Jose, which was conveniently right around the corner from their hotel.  It was a perfect rainy day place to meet up, even though my poor niece and nephew may have been at the end of the appropriate age range for this place.  But age aside, I think all 4 kiddos had a pretty good morning there, which means us moms did too!




One of the hands-on stations was making corn-husk dolls

I'm pretty sure that the water play area was the hands-down favorite for all the kids.  I was just happy I happened to be wearing my rain boots!






They also had fun at the bubble station (not that you can tell that's where they are in this pic):


And on the way out, my boys got distracted by the firetruck and pint-sized uniforms


 After our morning at the museum, we headed back up to SF for one last afternoon in the city.  We failed to make it over to Pier 39 and the Sea Lions on our first trip to the wharf, so we made one last stop on Devon's-wild-and-crazy-San-Francisco-Adventure-tour.

Adalin took full advantage of being on vacation and talked her mom into letting her do the bungee jump! 
 Good times had by all, capped off with a delicious dinner at Alioto's on the wharf.  We hope you guys come back again, so we can do it all over!


Gus decided he'd had enough at the end of another fun, but long day, and pulled up a spot on the floor.  At least the kid knows how to make himself comfortable!
 On our drive home along the Embarcadero, I got to see this sight…apparently it's an art installment on the Bay Bridge that's been there for awhile, but to this city-turned-suburban chick, it was new and exciting!

3 comments:

  1. Great adventure tour guide, Dev! Wish I could have joined:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all the adventures! We had a lot of fun and made some great memories. The kids had a blast and can't wait to do it again. Also, thanks for posting so much on the blog - Tracy and I have felt guilty not getting any posts up during the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto of what Arden said! Thanks for a great time! Love you all, Tracy

    ReplyDelete