Saturday, April 5, 2014

March Madness 2014: The month of Special Guests Part 2 1/2

Among all the houseguests we had this past month, did I mention I started working again, and the boys started preschool?  It created quite a change around here, but a good one.  Here's their first day of school pic…tures.  Getting one shot of the two of them both smiling is near impossible these days (and not because they were going to school, they were really excited that first day!):




That first day was glorious, then every day since has been a test of my super mom powers to trust that the tears will stop shortly after I'm gone.  It only took a month, but the boys are no longer crying when I say it's time for me to go.  In fact, Gus has started wandering off to find his favorite puzzle or toy before I've even said goodbye.  Arjen still keeps it a little closer, but dry eyed at least.  And after failing to do so one day, he makes sure that every morning, we sing "our" song, which is really a song my mom created back in the days of Keane Kids.  It's a great little song we fondly know as "See you later Alligator".   So we sing, we smile, we hug, and then on our way home at the end of the day, I get to hear "I like preschool mom!" or "I had so much fun at preschool!", while Gus will still start back up with "no preschool mama!".  These kids I tell ya.  They keep me on my toes.  




1 comment: