Tuesday, March 8, 2011

5 months!

Hard to believe that 5 months have passed us by!  It just amazes me that kids don't learn to speak until they've already been around for a couple of years.  I feel like he communicates so well already!  He has definitely found his voice, sometimes gibbering about whatever it is that excites him for minutes at a time.  Arjen is starting to sit unsupported for a few seconds at a time, although gravity still wins that one hands down (well, no hands down really - that's how gravity wins!).  Today however, marked a new milestone!!!  I can officially say that Arjen has learned to roll over.  He repeated it enough times, that I was actually able to catch it on camera - on the first take even!  For your viewing pleasure (oh, you may want to make sure the volume is down...he was slightly less than thrilled with this one):







Earlier today, our friends Nandita and Frits came over to play.  The 2 month age difference between these two is definitely becoming less obvious already! 

simon says "lift your legs!"

 
simon says "wave your left arm!"


"dude, so like, uh, your sister is really hot"

When we were in Wisconsin, I used my camera phone to take pictures of a bunch of Andrew's baby photos.  This probably won't show up too well, but worth a shot (but how impressive is it, that a picture of a circa 1975 photo, taken with a camera phone can be posted online??)...anyhow...I wanted to show the history of the winter suit...

Andrew as a baby
Arjen wearing Dad's baby bunting
 ...and you can kinda see the resemblance.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Devon, 5 months, really? I can't believe it! Yeah Arjen on rolling over. I love the videos, names and all involved - especially Bandito's. I really like Arjen's surprise and quietness after he rolled over. And then his looking at you with that camera trying to get the dog to do it. And I love the comments below the photos. I can't believe Cherie still had Andrew's baby bunting! Okay, maybe I can. :-) Love to all. He would need that today in WI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Arjen will be mobile soon. I bet Dito is excited to put his herding skills to work.

    ReplyDelete