I must admit, I experienced a whole new, overwhelming sense of motherly pride this past week. Arjen and I took our first plane ride together, and we survived! Not only did we survive it, we received a great compliment on the plane from another passenger: "Sorry, but I think you're cursed with the cute baby syndrome...I don't think you saw it, but every time he made a face or looked around, there were tons of smiling faces looking right back at him!" Arjen did about as well as I could have hoped for; he laughed, smiled, cooed, slept, and he at least waited until we were off the plane to explode out of his diapers!
Proof of my happy, sleeping child on the plane:
And a little bit of fun while packing:
"Mom! When you said you were carrying me on, I didn't think you meant in the suitcase!"
Before we left for Wisconsin however, Wisconsin (well, Minnesota) came to us! Adam and Shannon made a stop in Oakland en route to Cabo and we're so glad they did!
playing with Uncle Adam
que paso mi amigo?!
relaxing with Aunt Shannon
Once in Wisconsin, we had a great time. We got to visit with Grandma Cherie and Grandpa Wayne, Uncle Arden and Aunt Tracy, and COUSINS!!! Arjen got to finally meet his first cousins Aden (almost 6) and Adalin (almost 4). We all tagged along to Aden's school's Barn Dance Friday night, then spent some quality play time at Grandma and Grandpa's house the rest of the weekend. On Saturday, he got to meet Great Aunt Diane and Great Uncle Leonard, and Dad's cousin Jason, his wife Tami, and their daughter (2nd cousin?) Mazie (18 mos). They all came over to visit, and to help celebrate Arden's birthday. Unfortunately, a small blizzard kept us from getting to visit with the Treptow clan on Sunday, but we did get to spend some extra time with Arden and crew on his actual birthday, and Arjen got to play in the snow for his first time. :)
"Am I ready to go outside yet?"
"Okay, I have my hat on. Now can I go outside?"
Aden gets his groove on
time to refuel
Arjen has the amazing capacity to sleep thru really loud music...just like his mama
Arjen showing off his head control (while totally being sucked into the TV I hate to admit), with cousin Jason
Three generations of Anderson men (and yes, the two belonging to me are matching)
Add a great-grandma and you get four generations!
My brawny men in their square shirts
Hold on tight Arjen!
Meta playing dominos with her kids
From that angle, you can really see the resemblance between Addy and Arjen
Getting his first tick mark on the wall at Gma Cherie's!
You get weighed too
Adalin "holding" Arjen. She was very excited for this, until he wiggled, then her arms retracted fast! Glad Aunt Tracy was smart and stayed close by!
Mazie gives the bouncy chair a whirl
Happy birthday Arden!
Great Uncle Len, Jason, and Tami. They swear the mess isn't theirs. "The kids did it!"
Playing memory with Grandma and Adalin
Getting a bath old school style and loving it!
Too cool for the crib...gotta take the bed!
just a little snow
peeking out the window at downtown Elkhart
brothers and cousins
please note the retro snowsuit Arjen inherited from dad!
singing with Gma
Grandma, Arjen, and Frosty
"I think I could eat your nose!"
If you've stuck around long enough to get through all of these photos, here's a little dessert for ya...
Great photos Devon! Glad you had a fun time. Just wish we could have seen you. Take care.
ReplyDelete