Monday, December 21, 2015

He's 10 months old!

I know I sound like a broken record by this point, but I honestly don't know where the time goes!  As I write this, Aotis is closer to 11 months old, which is only a month away from 1 year!  Aack! At this point too, he's suffering from 3rd child syndrome (or I am I guess!).  I at least have pictures for him, but beyond that, I can't even think of what new things he's doing to share here!  He is definitely becoming more opinionated, and more communicative and more expressive.  He's begun using more baby signs…at this point clapping his hands together is universal for "more", "please", "eat", and "milk" (although he usually just bangs on my chest for that one).  

Physical development is not too much different this month…he is starting to stand unsupported more now - he'll let go of whatever he's holding onto and stay upright for 5 or so seconds, but he still doesn't seem too interested in holding onto your hands to take any steps, but will cruise along any and all furniture, walls, chairs, adult legs....  He continues to try and get after any big brother toys he can get his mitts on, and at times, I'm positive I've heard him say "Gus" and "Arjen." 

He definitely likes testing his boundaries as well.  Particularly with the Christmas tree and trying to sneak off to rooms that are supposed to be off limits.  He's lightening fast on all fours, but his giggle gives him away when he's headed somewhere he knows he shouldn't.  It's like he's taunting you to chase him down.  Impossible to not laugh with him!  

How old am I now?

Remember when I could lay across this chair and barely touch the edges?

Getting bolder with discovering new dimensions of movement

He recently discovered my dresser…I had to laugh when he was trying to put my shirts on! 



He finally chilled out about chasing after the tree and it's water (he was loving dipping his hands in there!).  But he still likes to very carefully see if he'll be allowed to touch any of the ornaments his brothers so conveniently hung low for him!

1 comment:

  1. Aotis is such a cuddly cutie pie. It seems like just yesterday we welcomed him to the world. That was a fast 2015! Happy New year and happy almost 11 months Aotis:)

    ReplyDelete