Mother's Day was more like Mother's weekend this year. I arrived home from work Friday to find that my boys had put together some new shelves and added some much wanted color to our master bathroom (with dad's help of course). Both things I had been talking about doing for some time. We followed that surprise with a nice dinner with just our five.
Then, on Saturday, we loaded up the whole famdamily and drove to Davis for a little pre-mother's day fun with the whole Keane-Miller crew. All 2 grandparents, 3 daughters, 2 husbands, and 4 grandkids under 1 roof for a night. We all agreed we couldn't remember a time ever having 2 babies in that house at the same time.
Sunday, after a yummy breakfast at Casa Baba and Dave, everyone loaded up and headed to Kevin and Maggie's house in Fairfield for "Guys do Mother's Day." It was a lovely afternoon in which the men in the Keane family all collaborated on a most delicious meal in honor of us mamas. Their lush garden/backyard served as backdrop to sneak in a few family photos as well!
The Keane-Miller-Anderson-Crossman Clan

Baba and her original babies
I couldn't manage to get all three boys with me at the same time for a photo op (Aotis took a monster nap most of the afternoon while we were there!). But I did get some good smiles in with these munchkins!


And when he did finally wake up, wrangling the other two was darn near impossible!

We did somehow finally make it happen, and got ourselves one of very few family o' five shots to date. I suppose I'll wait a few more years before I truly expect too much more than 2 of 5 looking at the camera and smiling at it. :)

I sure was happy to be a Mother on this day! I Love this fam!

Great pictures, great stories and great families with a lot of great LOVE!
ReplyDeleteIt was a lovely weekend. I too, am a lucky Mom, daughter, sister, wife, and grandma!
ReplyDelete