In true West coast Anderson form, this baby did not want to wait til it's due date! After having consistent contractions all morning, by early afternoon they said we could head to the hospital (John Muir Hospital in Walnut Creek). Baba and Dave fortunately were able to come stay with the big boys, and Andrew and I settled in to our new room for the next few hours.
He was able to settle into rest a little better than I was:
After waiting a few more hours, things finally started to progress, and by 7:41pm on Feb 5, this little bundle of love was in our arms and outta my belly! He weighed in at a healthy 8lbs 7oz, 20" long.

In keeping with tradition, we had to find a name starting with A. We both liked the sound of Evan, and there's an Irish spelling that made it possible: Aoibheann. The big brothers however, had different opinions. Apparently Evan, is one of the bad guys in their fave transformer show, so they said that was no good. They'd also heard us throw around the name Otis during the past few weeks, and when they came to meet their brother for the first time, they decided his name should be Otis. After some deliberation, we decided we could throw a silent 'A' in front of it, and thus the big brothers got to name their little bro. And they okay'd "Evan" for the middle name. So we introduce to you:
Aotis Aoibheann Anderson. Easier said than spelled. Yes, we're aware. It'll help him build character!
See any family resemblance? (Arjen top, Gus middle, Aotis bottom)

One of the "perks" at John Muir was having a newborn photographer come in to take pictures. She set up some great shots of all three boys, and some cute ones of just Aotis.
Big Brother love!




Getting his hearing tested (while being held by GGma Clarice. He passed with flying colors!

Getting some daddy love

And some mommy love

Lots of love for this little peanut! It's still soaking in that we're now a family of five, but anything less just wasn't complete!


Devon, I just love this blog! Actually, I love all your blogs! You do a great job! The pictures are fantastic. I wish I could just touch through the screen and feel Aotis, Gus and Arjen.
ReplyDeleteSO very impressed that you are this up to date on the blog! With 3 kiddos! Love the pics. Super big congrats again to you guys. Can't wait to come hug that little nugget. xoxo
ReplyDeleteWelcome Lil Aotis! Sweet holy moly! You're already blogging?? Is there anything you can't do woman? Love this post!❤️ Great pics!
ReplyDeleteIt was truly a marvelous birth!! Happy birthday Aotis! Happy birthday Devon, Andrew, Arjen. and Gus. It was amazing to witness the excitement, the anticipation, the love, and the calm ease of my daughter, Devon. It was truly wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI, too, with three of my own, am very impressed with you updating and keeping up with the blog. I lost all existence of organization with my third as you probably know with my blog going MIA but I am back. At least trying to be - with my new one. I hope you received the email.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Congratulations and love your new family of five! Can't wait to meet Aotis.
ReplyDeleteCongrats again! Hope to see you guys soon on this side of the bay.
ReplyDelete