Thursday, December 26, 2013

Boys will be boys?

Over the holidays/past few weeks, we've started to notice the boys starting to really play together better.    Arjen's imagination is also blossoming like I don't know what.  The things he comes up with recently are impressive and hilarious at the same time.  For example, playing "fireplace", a spin on Santa Claus:

First, you rearrange the cushions on the chair to create the fireplace, then you hop into the chimney...

Second, you karate ninja kick the fireplace open...

Then finally, you come out the other end! 

While you don't see Gus in the pics, he was there, and after only a minor parental intervention, the two of them were actually taking turns and playing together really well!

The weather has been so nice lately, that one morning we "released the boys" to the backyard (yes, still dirt).  They had clothes on when they went out there.  I promise.  Neither of us really knows what happened to make them both decide to get into their birthday suits, but they sure had a field day out there…even figured out how to make mud from a bucket of water that had been sitting out, then proceeded to roll around in it.  Totally what I would've done had I thought of it first…


Hi neighbors!

No comments:

Post a Comment