Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Aaaand…we're caught up!

Now that we're caught up with the "major" events of the past few weeks, we can move on to the silly moments in life that make me smile...

Arjen was so impressed with Andrew ironing his shirt for work this  morning, that he decided to get in on the action and grab his "smoother" (aka toy sander).  He even scouted out the best place to lay his clothes flat and decided the long bench at our dining room table would do the trick.  Kids say/do the darndest things I tell ya.  
 This morning, was a pretty typical morning.  Dropped Andrew off at BART, ran to the post office, and did some grocery shopping.  Somewhere along the way (perhaps when he picked out his bananas at the store), Arjen decided he wanted to make a banana pie.  So, in a proud mom-moment, I obliged.  I even made up a peanut-butter-graham cracker crust for him to use!

Smashing the banans in, with a very curious Gus looking over his shoulder.

I even agreed to let him put chocolate chips on top! (I mean, if I'm going to be forced to eat this pie later on, I better do what I can to make it turn out edible, right??)

"Cheese"

Then, to continue our domestic morning at home, after the pie went in the freezer to set, Arjen decided it was time to continue decorating the house...

definitely need ribbon around the table leg

Putting the decorations up in his "attic"


Fortunately, when Hurricane Gus came through after his nap, and tore down all the decor, Arjen didn't actually see him do it, and a quick "oh no! I guess the wind must have blew them down" sufficed as a logical and acceptable answer.  Phew!  

I gotta say, it's mornings like this one, that make me glad I have this blog to help remember the sweet moments like these. 


No comments:

Post a Comment