I've joined an exercise group for moms, where we meet up at a park and take the kids in strollers around with us while we work and sweat. I love it. I'm getting regular exercise again, I'm meeting other moms, and after a couple of weeks at it, the kids seem to really be having fun getting to know the other kids.
Most days, we stick around after class, and the kids play at the playground while us moms attempt to carry on conversation while playing yard duty. Today, we had a special Mother's Day potluck, so instead of going straight to the playground, the kids were let loose to run around the fields. It was the first time I really saw Arjen getting into the mix with multiple other kids. And playing nicely! My favorite though, was when he reached out to hold another boy's hand. Then another kid joined in, and another, and soon, there were five of these 2-3 year olds holding hands in a line. It melted my heart. Fortunately, another mom managed to capture the moment:
Another positive outcome from this class, is that Arjen is learning just how great exercise is! I went out into the yard the other day to find him "doing exercise like you mommy!":

No comments:
Post a Comment