As I sit here trying to plan meals for this week, and which grocery store will give me inspiration on my planned grocery shopping outing this afternoon, I really miss the Nugget. I mean, I was excited to check out our neighborhood "Pavillions", which from the outside looked like it could rival Nugget. But once inside, I had a strange feeling of deja vu. All of a sudden, I realized I was in a Safeway, and then my groceries came out in a Vons bag. I tell you, even the grocery stores here have identity and appearance issues. For any of you from Davis, or who have been in Davis enough to have experienced the Nugget, you'll understand. It is possibly the greatest grocery store I have ever had the pleasure of shopping at. I have come nowhere close to finding anything that even deserves a comparison here. Kind of a good analogy for how great my mom is too. I think I do a pretty darn good job of parenting my kids and cooking healthy meals for them, and I think sometimes I even look and sound like her, but she just has her own special magic with kids and food. Maybe if I channel my inner Eileen, the grocery stores here will start to channel their inner Nugget. Or, perhaps I'll take a page out of her book and create our own Nugget here in the backyard...
 |
| I believe they are headed to the bakery section here, looking for bagels... |
 |
| Perimeter shopping...the healthy way to go! |
 |
| Ooh, those look like good "little oranges" |
 |
Park the trailer hitch and get on out! Have you seen how awesome this is?!?
|
 |
| And then of course you need to test all the produce to make sure it's the right stuff! |
If only grocery shopping, meal planning, and interacting with kids were as easy as she makes it look! I miss you too, Mom! What's for dinner? :)
I like the new look of the blog - font and all. I should update mine. :) Hope you are doing well.
ReplyDeleteAwe you bring tears to my eyes!! What a post Dev! Too cute.
ReplyDeleteNugget Withdrawals are tough man;)
Gus has a pretty good "e-trade baby" face in the picture second from the bottom. Great post.
ReplyDeleteWe are still working on a name for our yet to get started blog, but hope to get a post up soon (at least before the baby arrives).
Pretty special peeps to have a Nugget and a Baba in their lives.;) Such a sweet post! Miss y'all.
ReplyDelete