Sunday, March 24, 2013

Boys just wanna have fuh-un

As crazy insane as some days seem with these two little "beelers" (Cherie, I was supposed to ask you about beelers last summer!), a lot of days I just love that Apple makes it so easy for me to document all of their cuteness with a simple gadget called an iPhone.  A few pics and vids for your viewing pleasure:

Arjen has really become good at driving his gator.  The kid can do a 3-point turn without any help.  He might spin his wheels every now and then, but I've been impressed with how well he can actually drive.  Gus fully embraces the passenger roll...it's hard to tell because of my shaky videography, but he gets himself going bouncing in his seat with excitement. You can see it on his face at one point too.  :)


Gus has also fully embraced the fun that is riding bikes.  He knows he needs his helmet and will grab it and tap on it until you put it on his head so he can ride his bike.  And in this video, he figured out the bell for the first time, and is clearly proud.  And Arjen still loves riding his strider.  Sorry to say I can't really translate whatever he's screaming as he rides by, but you can tell he's having fun as always.

Then there's Gus the golfer.  He's got some serious hand-eye coordination for such a young dude.  And he's definitely starting to get the whole talking thing...

And some still shots...
Meeting of the minds


There's this cool castle park nearby that the boys and I went to the other day.  Gus was enjoying the little section that was just his size...
I'm taking as many happy smiley pics of this ham as I can before...

...before he realizes that he can choose whether or not to smile for the camera, and decides not to!
 And Arjen was really excited to finally have his sand toys back (we finally got to the box they had been hiding in).

Then there is the little "tot lot" in our housing association area.  The one right behind our house has been dubbed "the little park" by Arjen.  We ventured a little further yesterday and they got to check out a new little park.  Fortunately, my kids agreed to sit in the shade of the slide for snack time since mom didn't think about putting on sunscreen.  That'll be the last time!


Arjen continues to keep his helmet on whenever he rides his bike somewhere, even while he's not riding his bike.  I'm curious how long this trend will last for.    
 And sometimes I get to witness moments like this, when both boys are calm, quiet, and peacefully sharing space together inside the house!  I love these moments.  :)   (even if I don't quite capture it well on camera)



Friday night we braved the restaurant scene, and decided to check out a new mexican place.  Gus was being the quiet observer for a little while, but pretty quickly thought the chips and salsa looked like a good idea!


Arjen's kid's meal came with a popsicle, the kind that splits into two...

So Gus got to try his first pop pop!
His popsicle face looks worse than his salsa face did!

But in the end, the popsicle was clearly a winner!



3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! It is always such a treat to see pictures and information on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. They are becoming quite mobile...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uber impressive skills!!!! PT Mom's gotta be proud.:) Miss you guys tons!

    ReplyDelete