Thursday, February 28, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday Gus!

Well baby boy, you started your life in Oakland, where you spent your first 6 weeks of life.  Then we spent the majority of your first year, living with both sets of grandparents.  I know you're too little right now to realize how lucky that made you (and all of us!), but some day you'll hear us tell all sorts of wonderful stories about just how great those 10 months of your first year were.  Now, you are turning 1 year old, living in a new house, in a new town, in a new part of California.  Lots of exciting changes!  And throughout it all, you have remained one of the most chill, happy, smiley, easy going babies I have ever met.  Although, I suppose you aren't really a baby any more, huh?  You are a walking-almost-running, climbing, laughing, talking toddler!  Here's a look back at how you've grown over the past 12 months:

Always a happy, calm baby, even as a newborn

Already showing us your beautiful smile at just 2 months!


Did we mention how big your hands are?  You definitely have either Treptow, or Miller, or a combination of both in those paws!

Your laughter is contagious little man!

Five months old and starting to sit up on your own.

Half a year old, sitting on your own, and showing signs of crawling

A roly poly at this age...rolling from one end of the room to the other, no longer wanting to sit still

Eight months old, and you just went straight from crawling to cruising

Nine months and getting into everything!

Ten months old, and walking already.

Eleven months old, wearing Arjen's hand-me-downs in size 18 months, and becoming an expressive little dude!
I'm one!!! (We'll get your official photo with your pillow and iPad soon buddy, but for now, this will have to do!)



So Mr. Gus...Thank you for being an incredible baby/child/person.  You give us great love and joy everyday!



2 comments:

  1. With tears in my eyes I tell you this was a very delightful post to both read and see! How our sweet Gus has grown! It is hard to believe he is one year old already and I am so very thankful that I got to be with him for many of his 365 days. How lucky can a grandma be? Grandma Cher Cher loves him so very much. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty awesome first year. Looking forward to see an even bigger Gus soon!

    ReplyDelete