Tuesday, January 28, 2014

It's a Moon Party!

Blogger Fail…I've completely neglected getting this post up, and it's now probably almost a month overdue.  But it's here now, so not a complete fail.  And the content itself is totally awesome, so maybe I'm just being too hard on myself.  So anyways, on to the fun stuff!

My mom was here to help watch the kids one day, and it just so happened to be a full moon night.  I probably haven't mentioned it much on this blog, but we've been having a lot of fun watching the moonrises off to the east every month.  For 3-4 days, we get to see a huge, yellow/red moon rise up from behind the hills and river.  It's quite a site.  And it doesn't seem to get old either.

So combine that with my mom being here, and the trend she and Arjen have established with using any excuse for a "party" (pumpkin party last october, a worm party, pajama parties, I'm sure I'm forgetting some) and you get a moon party!

Arjen spent the afternoon painting his "boat" and then Baba helped him and Gus create telescopes to look for the moon!

Fly me to the moon...

I missed seeing it come up over the horizon (or it may have been too light out still), but a gorgeous moon even hiding behind the power lines!

All moon parties should come with "moon pops!"

not sure I will ever see a man in the moon

the moon pops were so big, they were as big as the moon!
 Thanks Baba for the moon party!




1 comment:

  1. Love it, love it, love it! Great job, Baba! Sure wish I could have been there to join in on the "moon party"

    ReplyDelete