Hearing about the long and late winter from our Wisconsin side of the family is making me appreciate our SoCal weather that much more! (Or just CA weather, cause it sounds like it's been pretty nice in the northern half o' the state too!). With the warmer temps comes more sightings of our ever present yard inhabitants, day trips to the beach, and just general happiness!
Andrew found this guy in our yard. We've seen plenty of lizards so far, but this one was huge! At least 5-6" long, if not longer because that tail goes forever! Usually they're 3-4" I'd say.
These kids were definitely born to love water. We couldn't keep them out of this fountain!
Gus likes to find a good spot to sit and just chill...and flash his happy Gus grin. :)
Arjen has also been entertaining lately...
We took our first Windsurfing excursion in SoCal today. Drove up to Long Beach. The sky was blue, the sun was warm, and there was just enough wind for both Andrew and myself to enjoy a little sailing and just enough calm to also take the paddle board for a spin.
I will NEVER again listen, or sing, Old McDonald Had A Farm, the same way. Arjen's version is THE BEST! It brings a smile on your face and joy into your heart! I love the way Gus Gus looks up to take notice of Arjen's talent. I also love the way Arjen pauses, looks to the farm toys, to get an idea for the next animal he would like to have on Old McDonald's farm.
I really miss the beach! I can feel the boys' emotions of "wanting to feel the water" on their body.
ReplyDeleteI will NEVER again listen, or sing, Old McDonald Had A Farm, the same way. Arjen's version is THE BEST! It brings a smile on your face and joy into your heart! I love the way Gus Gus looks up to take notice of Arjen's talent. I also love the way Arjen pauses, looks to the farm toys, to get an idea for the next animal he would like to have on Old McDonald's farm.
ReplyDeleteArjen looks ready for an open mic. Jealous of the weather cause 4-8" is on its way here tonight.
ReplyDelete