Friday, September 28, 2012

Happy seven months Gus Gus!!

I realize I'm sounding like a broken record (a phrase my kids may
never understand I'm also realizing!), but where does the time go?!?
Gus is seven months old today, a day that he and I get to spend
together, just the two of us. Almost feels like I'm on vacation!

This progression of photos pretty much sums up what Gus is up to these days:

- still a ham, flashing the home for his future pearly whites to
anyone who returns the favor. No actual teeth yet, although I imagine
they can't be far away.

- he is a bit of a rolly polly, and can travel across an entire room
simply by rolling

- now that he knows he can get from one place to another, he is
working on figuring out this crawling business. He gets up onto all
fours, but only has one direction: reverse. That's the one thing that
consistently irks him (like in the last picture..."I want that iPad,
but it keeps getting further away!!")

- he's tolerating a big brother who always wants to play with him, to
a fault of causing tears half he time because he'll knock Gus over, or
grab him too hard. I swear I'm now starting to see the beginning of
"but he started it!"

- we've started Gus on "solid" food now, which is gradually coming
along. For all the drooling he does over our food, and trying to grab
our plates and drinks, he doesn't quite understand the
open-mouth-insert-spoon thing just yet.

- and as I sit here typing this up (four hours after I started it!),
still in my pajamas because this cutie pie has decided to completely
throw off anything I wanted to attempt doing today, I am grateful that
he can also now entertain himself while sitting playing with a floor
full of toys. :)

Next post...Arjen turns two!! Sweet. Holy. Moly.

1 comment:

  1. Love love and love! I kinda recognize that frustrated face.;)
    P.S. You are an awesome mom!!!

    ReplyDelete