Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happy 8 months Arjen!

I know I sound like every other parent out there when I say this, but where has the time gone?  I can't believe we have an 8 month old son! 

Shana (the nanny/daycare provider) weighed Arjen for us last week, and he is officially heavier than his 6 month older new BFF Devi!  He weighed in at 16 lb 11oz.  We'll get an official measure next month at his 9 month check up.  He seems to be getting longer quickly as his 6-9 mo size pj's seem to already be getting too short! 

Arjen's current tricks:
  • He's trying to decide whether he wants to crawl or walk
    • when sitting, he's trying to transfer over onto his hands and knees, but can't quite figure out how to roll sideways over the one leg. 
    • when standing, he's starting to reach for things that would require him to take a step, but he hasn't quite figured out how to take that step without losing balance
  • He's enjoying the new eating thing...so far he's tried sweet potato, avocado, banana (probably the leading fave right now), squash (not a fan), broccoli (also gets the bitter yuck face), and oatmeal. 
  • He's pretty self-sufficient with the bottle, but still needing help to tilt it back to get much out
  • He really likes his car walker that Andrew proudly found for him - he's getting better each day about controlling where he wants to go
  • And he's started sleeping on his stomach - at least when he's really pissed off...
  • He really likes eating his toes
  • He's a big fan of making raspberries with his mouth, and all sorts of noises.  Sometimes I think he's even blowing kisses (I especially think this as I drop him off at Shana's house in the mornings!)
Some photos and a couple of videos for your viewing pleasure!

having fun with his ATV

"Hanging around" with Gpa Dave

just looking cute!

sometimes we're not sure if it's what's on the spoon, or just the spoon itself that he really likes

just got this toy - after 1 time of watching me pull the yellow knob, he already knew to reach for it!

swing time in the backyard


best buds


No comments:

Post a Comment